WHERE IT ALL BEGAN…
Dating back to 1957, the birth of the Waffle House in Ramsgate, South Africa, heralded the beginning of an exciting journey for John and Doreen Gaze.
Opening the restaurant of their dreams, known at that time as the Tea House of the Blue Lagoon, they had no idea it would become the famous South Coast landmark that it is today. After a 15 year period during which John and Doreen leased out the premises, they took it back in 1991 and renamed it The Waffle House. This was in line with the two Waffle House restaurants their eldest son had opened in the UK. The first was in Norwich, Norfolk opened in 1978, and the second was in St. Albans, Hertfordshire.
Today, the Waffle House is one of the busiest restaurants on the South Coast, specialising in good food and good service. This 220 seater restaurant is popular amongst locals and visitors alike. Holiday seasons are particularly busy however we consistently rise to the challenge of producing and serving quality products throughout the year.